I may re-do this one at a later date; I got the perspective wrong on the barn. However, I was pleased with how the field came out--I used a 3/4" (1.9 cm) flat brush to create a drybrush effect. Also I thought the scraping technique worked well for the foreground grasses--I used the edge of a credit card for a scraper!
Watercolor on Arches 300-lb cold-pressed paper, 11 x 15" (27.9 x 38.1 cm)
I painted this as an exercise in painting trees & foliage. Lately, I've not been satisfied with the foliage in my sketches and paintings, so I've been perusing watercolor instruction books looking for a solution; however, I haven't really settled on a particular solution that suits me, so I decided just to practice various things. The painting above was done using sponge and round-brush techniques.