Saturday, July 19, 2008
Homemade Watercolor Sketch Box
I made this sketch box by gluing empty half pans into an empty first aid kit. I used rubber cement, which is non-permanent, so that I can change or rearrange the half pans later if necessary.
The box is an emptied Johnson & Johnson first-aid kit that was purchased at Target for a dollar... When closed, the outside dimensions are 3.5" x 4" (10cm x 11cm).
The eight half pans are filled with artists-quality tube paints, featuring both a warm and a cool of the primaries plus two earth tones as follows:
1. Hansa Yellow Medium (Daniel Smith)
2. New Gamboge (Daniel Smith)
3. Scarlet Lake (Winsor & Newton)
4. Permanent Alizarin Crimson (Holbein)
5. Ultramarine Light (Holbein)
6. Peacock Blue (Holbein)
7. Raw Sienna (Holbein)
8. Burnt Sienna (Daniel Smith)
More on Flickr: